ECO-SAFE, HIGH PERFORMANCE WATER SOLUBLE ADHESIVES, TEMPORARY ADHESIVES AND CLEANING AGENTS
Today there is more pressure to develop process without the use of chemicals and VOCs. Aquabond® can help with its’ unique line of rigid, eco-safe water soluble adhesives. Whether you are bonding quartz, fused silica, Bk7, garnet, sapphire, ceramics or other single crystal hard materials, Aquabond Technologies® has the right non-hazardous temporary adhesive at the right bonding temperature for your process with the added benefit of being environmentally friendly.
Aquabond Technologies® has developed an advanced adhesive process utilizing our unique, temporary, water soluble thermoplastic adhesives to mount or bond any materials in the semiconductor, optoelectronics, precision optics, ceramic and aerospace industries.Water at ambient temperature or below does not affect the integrity of the bond.Our bonding agents are used for temporary mounting of devices in operations such as slicing, dicing, cutting, grinding, chemical etching, lapping, polishing, wafer bonding, core drilling and offer numerous benefits such as:
- Simple removal. Debonding of parts after slicing, dicing, cutting, lapping or machining is accomplished using hot water and an AquaClean water based cleaning agent, often accompanied by ultrasonic or bubble agitation. The use of acetone or aggressive solvents and their attendant health, fire, and environmental hazards are eliminated from this advanced adhesive!
- Sewer Disposable. With proper approvals, the spent cleaning solution can be sewer discharged. The Aquabond temporary adhesive system is unique in this respect.
- Improved quality and yields. High hardness and shear strength improves precision dicing, machining and cutting operations. Reducing movement of the part improves chip out quality and creates less attrition.
- Environmentally friendly. Debonding of devices in hot water eliminates the health and fire hazards attendant to competitive products. All Aquabond temporary adhesives are eco-safe and biodegradable.
- Reduces Risk. The use of “green” adhesives in process development and production lines helps companies minimize environmental impact and enables them to better meet global EHS initiatives, such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and European directives 2002/95/EC.
- Cost effectiveness. Eliminates expensive solvents, safety and hazard costs.
Other unique features:
- Superior Adhesion Strength
- Structural Stability
- The Reduction or Elimination of Blade Dressing
- Consistent, Stable Slicing and Dicing
- Bonds Are Rigid But Not Brittle
Following a simple debonding process using Aquabond’s water based cleaning agent, you will find your parts are much cleaner than using a typical thermoplastic stick followed by the solvent cleaning approach. Not only is the adhesive residue removed, but also oils and particles left by other areas of your process. Afterward, the used cleaning solution can be simply sewer disposed. It does not need to be collected and further dealt with as a hazardous waste.
Volatile organic compounds are involved in the formation of ground-level ozone and in depletion of the ozone layer. They also reportedly contribute to the greenhouse effect, in that methane and photochemical oxidants produced from the use of VOCs are both greenhouse gases.
The elimination of VOCs in any process will comply not only with both the letter and spirit of the Kyoto Protocol* but also saves considerable time and money by eliminating the need for elaborate and lengthy cleaning processes and government-approved disposal of wastewater. Any company that wants to practice corporate social responsibility must address this issue in their manufacturing process.
Temporary bonding with Aquabond Technologies green adhesives helps you enhance your CSR (corporate social responsibility) plan without compromising the integrity of your process.
* The Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, an amendment to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change [UNFCCC], an international treaty on global warming. Countries that ratify this protocol commit to reduce their emissions of carbon dioxide and five other greenhouse gases or engage in emissions trading if they maintain or increase emissions of these gases. A total of 141 countries have ratified the agreement. Notable exceptions are the US and Australia.